Monday, June 21, 2010

Savannah

Good evening faithful followers,

We left Waycross, Ga this morning, and made out way to the Okeefenokee swamp park thingy. I didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being really interesting! There are alligators everywhere, wandering around and lounging next to the walkways. Many of the visitors think that they are fake (disneyland style) because they are just out in the open for the most part. We went on a boat tour, which was super awesome, and also on a train ride. Both showed all different parts of the park, and talked about a lot of the history of the park, and information about the animals and plants in the park. They also have river otters, which are the cutest things ever! And your average wild squirrels, and LOTS of biting/stinging bugs.

Lesson of the day: don't try to feed wild squirrels. Yes, they are very cute. But when you try to feed them out of your hand, apparently they can't really tell the difference between food and fingers. Not that someone as smart as me would ever do this (**cough**cough**). But theoretically, if I were to have had a brief lapse of judgement and try something like this... I wouldn't recommend that anyone else try it.

After that we drove to Savannah. It's beautiful here! I think this is quite possibly my favorite place so far. It's amazing. We are staying in a hotel right by the river, which is super cool. We should be able to walk pretty much everywhere for the next 2 days that we are here. We are actually staying in a Days Inn, but it is in a historic building, and just recently won an award from Savannah for historical restoration. We are in the old side of the building, which is pretty cool. I'm really excited to explore Savannah tomorrow!

The bad news is that the internet is not working correctly here. I am able to post this little message using my internet connect card, but I can't upload pictures on this. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to upload all the pictures from the last few days, and finally get caught up.

Goodnight, and bardle do,
Jenn

4 comments:

  1. Lesson #42, Do NOT feed wild animals no matter how cute! I have told you that a billion times.

    It is pretty hot here and even now at 10:00 p.m. Winnie has been way too hot in his fur coat, so as hard as it was to do, we gave him a buzz cut. He doesn't exactly look like the same dog, but his eyes and nose are the same. I think you will recognize him, at least I hope so. If not, it should grow out before your Christmas pictures are taken.

    Now I have to sleep with a prickly, hot dog. He hasn't eaten any bugs today, thank goodness. In fact, he just ate his daily ration a few minutes ago.

    Have any of you ever heard of a Christian band by the name of Rotterdam November? They are from Idaho and are playing a concert on our vacant lot on July 4th.

    Savannah sounds wonderful. I want to see pictures of the Days Inn. I am making a scrapbook of your adventure and if I ever finish it, you can have it. I surely don't want it. It is done with nail glue and you know how hard that is to deal with. Sticks to everything.

    My arthritis medicine makes me loopy, so before I seem loopy, I will go to bed with Prickly.

    Thank you, thank you, for the wonderful blog. I appreciate it very much. Do have fun, don't feed animals, and do remember that I love y'all.

    Tell Paula Deen hello if you see her.

    Night, night, sleep tight,
    GaGa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. there are no pictures. i was so looking forward to them. blast

    2. i want to see pictures.

    3. i cant wait to see pictures.

    4. i havent taken a shower since friday morning.

    5. im going to take a shower now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. - GaGa called Winnie Prickly . . . haha. did you see that jenn . . . Prickly. so funny. SO FUNNY - its late. ok - shower

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever wanna see more river otters or toothless people with strange accents or poverty, drive north from home sometime and visit Trinity County...I think you might only have to go without a bathroom for 40 miles of forest on highway 299.

    Some family adventure you are enjoying...

    ReplyDelete