Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Navarre, Florida


Ok everyone, I finally have internet, so here are all the pictures we have been missing. First up is from our time in Navarre, Fl. It was gorgeous there! I loved it. Navarre is about 20 miles east of Pensacola. The last pictures that I posted were from us visiting the Air Force Armament museum. So since we decided to stay an extra day, we got to go to the beach (yay!) and the boys got to have some go-kart fun.

Oh, and since everyone keeps asking, I'll just answer this now. There was no oil anywhere around when we were there. Apparently there hadn't been any oil sighted at all, other than one or two little blobs. But the next day, we went down to take some pictures (the ones below) and there was a busload of people with plastic bags. At first we thought they were just the normal maintenance crew, but then we heard on the news that a whole bunch of oil had washed up on the beach that morning. Ha. So I guess we went swimming at the right time! So we only got the small, undetectable amounts of oil. Not the huge bolus.

Ok, so here are the pictures...

Sunday was Father's Day. We like to have a little (secret) competition every year, to see who can make my dad cry. Last time it was me, but this year I think Jimmy got the closest. However, I don't know if it really counts, because he got some outside help from his friend Hallmark. We also got him a bottle of cologne, called General Patton Army cologne, from which proceeds go to different POW and injured vet programs.

Navarre Beach lifeguard station

The 3 boys. They decided to act like old women (again. It's become a theme this trip. They all wilt in the humidity) and refused to go all the way down the the beach.



The sand is almost white, and the water is gorgeous!

The water is SO warm. I loved it. Those of you who know me know that I am always cold. Therefore I hardly ever go swimming, because the water in pools and most natural bodies of water usually make me even more freezing. But I will have you all know- this water was so perfect, I actually went swimming the day before we took these pictures. And I actually enjoyed it. Yes, it was a small miracle.















Washing the sand off my feet

And then we went to a go kart place in Destin, Fl so the boys could have some fun. As you can see, there are quite a few rules posted at the entrance. None of which the boys actually followed.

Jimmy and Andrew starting out

Breaking the "no bumping" rule

And the 2 riders after finishing. If you can see, the track is 3 stories high. It was pretty awesome.

And then we got the old man to join them

Andrew wasn't very happy, because he got the slowest go kart ever. Jimmy actually lapped him. Haha.

Jimmy drifting around the corners. I'm pretty sure that was against the rules too.

My dad. I don't think he understood that it was a race. He kept slowing down, waving at my brothers, and telling them to go past him. He claims "it was because I thought they were going to try and ram me." Yeah. Whatever.




After that, we left Destin and started heading to Waycross, Georgia. Here is one of Georgia's finest at work. Pictures from Waycross are coming right up....

Bardle do,
Jenn

2 comments:

  1. 1. What the heck does bolus mean.
    2. Why are Andrews sleeves rolled up in every single picture. I'm going to punch him for trying to be the Fonz.
    3. You're adorable and the beach is gorgeous! Or maybe you're gorgeous and the beach is adorable.
    4. "Loose hair and clothing should be contained"?? haha. Look out! They like to hop out of the vehicles sometimes by themselves!
    5. What is up with the goony face Jimmy keeps making. I'm going to punch him too just for good measure. Good thing for the boys I'm a wimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bolus:

    n. pl. bo·lus·es
    A round mass: "A dense bolus of trapped dolphins fills the frame" (Kenneth Browser).

    A single, relatively large quantity of a substance, such as a dose of a drug, intended for therapeutic use and taken orally.

    A concentrated mass of a substance administered intravenously for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.

    A soft mass of chewed food within the mouth or alimentary canal.

    So there you go.

    ReplyDelete