Friday, June 11, 2010

"Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind"

This morning we had to say goodbye to Jim, Hawk, and the boys, and we headed back out onto the road. We decided to make this a long day, so that we can have a more relaxing day tomorrow with Kevin in Laurel, Ms. We drove all day, and ended up in Monroe, Louisiana, where we are staying the night. For your viewing pleasure, here are a few pictures from our day:

Getting ready to leave Jim's house.

The cute little town of Post, Texas.

This is their court house. This is literally how big it is. There isn't any cropped off by the picture. Seriously.

Mainstreet of Post, Tx.

The Post city library. Conveniently located between the movie theater (left) and the city offices (right).





There isn't much room in the car, so this is what you have to put up with as the driver.

Jimmy explaining to our Dad which direction to pee while on the side of the road. As our mom always said, "don't pee into the wind."





This is where we ate lunch. So good. They had:
Yes, fried pie. Which is amazing. My family was making fun of me because I had just informed them that I was going to be eating healthy on this trip. And then I chose to stop here to eat. And yes, I did eat the pie.

This is in Texas. I love this area, it's so beautiful!

These flowers were really pretty. I took this during another road-side pee stop.






Finally, Louisiana!

Shreveport, LA.

Some river near Shreveport. With a river boat.



Cute little guy.

Peek-a-boo! His favorite game.

I just thought I would throw this in here, because I love the Air Force.



My dad needed his blood sugar taken. As a little background, he wasn't feeling very well this morning. So we finally got him to take his blood sugar level, and it was...... drumroll....... 299! Yes, that is a little high, for all of you non-medical people. He didn't feel well all day, so we thought we should continue monitoring his sugar. We have seen the commercials advertising testing done on the forearm instead of the finger, so we decided to give it a try. And by "we," I mean Jimmy and me. My Dad wasn't so thrilled with the idea. So as you can see, we kind of had to tackle him to try our experiment. Lesson learned: It is not easy to get enough blood from the arm. So we (ie. Jimmy) had to poke him at least 4 times before we got enough. The good news (for us) was that he still wasn't feeling very well and couldn't fight back. Oh, and his sugar was down to normal too.


And this was the end result.


And so today, I will leave you with a picture documenting the happiest moment of the day. This was taken at the first Starbucks we found in Texas, where it is very windy. As you can tell by my hair.


Until next time,
Bardle Do,
Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Hope Tom is feeling better tonight... not fun to not feel well on vacation! At least he's in good hands with all of you along...
    Have fun in MS for us! Give Kevin a hug from us all as well! Sing loudly in church on Sunday! And don't wilt with all the humidity... happy travelin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://awayfrombams.blogspot.com/2010/06/fried-pie.html

    ReplyDelete