Thursday, June 24, 2010

Georgia on my Mind


Ladies and gentlemen, girls and boys,

We didn't take many pictures over the last 2 days, but here are a few. First off, here are a few pictures from when we were leaving Savannah yesterday. They weren't ready to be posted when I updated this last night.

First of all, it appears that this picture somehow did not get included in the last set. Well, considering that this is the cutest little animal ever (other than my sweet puppies and cat Mikey) I felt that it needed to be included. Where can I get a river otter as a pet???

Looking through the square, toward some of the old buildings by our hotel. This was a really cool fountain thing that you could play in when it got really hot. Which is all the time. The farthest building is Paula Deen's restaurant, Lady and Sons, and her gift shop.

Gift shop

Paula Deen's restaurant. It was booked for lunch, so we didn't get to eat there. Which was fine, considering that I am already getting fat during this trip, and 3 sticks of butter in a salad probably wouldn't help.

My mom read the newspaper with this nice old man.

Mounted police!!! Now, there are four things you should know:
1) I love cops
2) I love horses
3) I REALLY love draft horses
4) due to the above, I LOVE mounted police!

The 2 officers you see above were not very nice. They said we could take a picture with them, and then the guy intentionally turned the opposite direction, and the lady played with her cell phone. Oh well. But the other officer (whose horse is pictured below) was super nice. We talked to her for a long time.

Horsey's badge and LED lights.

The gorgeous huge drafts (I want the one on the left. Soooo cute!) and the weirdo officers.

Seriously. How cute is this???

He's a Suffolk Punch. There are only about 1,000 in the U.S., and about 150 in England (where they are from). So they are really rare. He wasn't as tall as the other horses, but still pretty big. And he has ADHD. He kept trying to eat our shopping bags. I love him.

My brothers in Savannah, with the city hall in the background.

Charleston, South Carolina



The boys decided to have a soda bottle war. Luckily everyone survived.



This is a small memorial to the Charleston Nine, a group of 9 firefighters that died 3 years ago fighting a warehouse fire.



Georgia! Again.

My dad's mugshots.

He decided to shave off some of his goatee. These are the Before....

...And the after!



And so now we are just outside of Atlanta for the night. We will be visiting the Coca Cola museum tomorrow, and then going to Nashville for a couple days. See you all then!

Bardle do,
Jenn

1 comment:

  1. 1. that otter is SO cute. oh my rabbits tooth! so cute. i want one. i bet we could get one. lets name it Snaggle. or Babbet.

    2. those horses are amazing. so pretty. i want one too. they are so beautiful. i really want to take pictures of horses in the snow. that would be so amazing.

    3. wow - andrew's face in the soda bottle fight.

    4. nice mug shots. haha

    ReplyDelete